Friday, July 10, 2009

Kitchen Sink Pasta

I was going to call it "Instapasta," and then "Garbage Can Pasta," but I think "Kitchen Sink Pasta," as in "Everything But The..." works best. This is what I make when I want a fast, easy meal which uses up ingredients I already have hanging around the fridge and pantry. Whatever is on hand. Tonight's version went like this:
  • Whole wheat mini shells (carbs for my long run tomorrow)
  • Kale (farm share)
  • The onion end of some green onions (farm share)
  • Arugula (farm share)
  • Garlic
  • Shredded chicken (leftover roasted Back Forty Acres chicken)
  • S&P
  • Parm cheese
A quick sauté in olive oil of the onion and garlic, throw on the chicken to heat it up, add the greens to wilt, all while the pasta is cooking...drain the pasta, add to the mixture, and toss. Presto! I have carbs, protein, and vegetables in one dish. As summer marches on, squash, peppers, and tomatoes will all get their chance as well.

No comments: